Adults (ages 18+) may sign up for a Sootchy account online by following the steps below:
- Head over to app.sootchy.com/signup
- You will be asked to provide a few pieces of personal information to sign up, such as Date of Birth, Full Legal Name, Phone Number & Email.
- Create a Username and Password (once created, you will receive a verification email to proceed)
- Once your Sootchy account is created, Account Owners may open a My529 Educational Savings Plan(s) for one or multiple children. After completing the first child’s application, you’ll see a button to “Add Child” on the Home screen of your Sootchy account under Your Application(s).
- After submitting your child's application(s), please keep an eye out for a DocuSign to complete.
- Once you have signed and completed the DocuSign, your My529 applications will be submitted to Utah for processing. Please check your application status from your Sootchy account regularly for updates.
- You’ll receive an email with instructions on “How do I manage a My529 Plan?” and access your Utah My529 Educational Savings Plan(s) online at login.my529.org/register
Please note that Sootchy does not manage 529 College Savings Plans, contributions and withdrawals.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.